Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old October 24th, 2007, 02:20 PM

broken my uxtheme.dll! EMERGENCY HELP!

I followed the steps listed on this page: http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...ws-Vista.shtml

And now my computer cannot find the uxtheme.dll so now I can't even use windows explorer. I can't even go in and rename the file back to what it used to be. I have no idea how to fix this without buying a new operating system and losing all of my information, please please help.

I would honestly pay money for somebody to fix this.
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:50 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
I hope you post a review on the site cirqueducloud.

Have you tried running System Restore from your installation dvd? See here for more help.

Give it a try and let us know how you get on.
Old October 24th, 2007, 11:20 PM

well

would that erase all my files?

if so, i think that i've discovered a better alternative:

I came up with the idea of partitioning my memory, and using two different operating systems. But then, I called a friend and he mentioned using a linux disc that allows me to operate my file system without actually installing anything onto my main hard drive (it operates from the disc).
That way I can go in and rename the files to what they should be, and all will be peachy. We've yet to try it out, but I'll get back to this topic after we try it in a few hours.
Old October 24th, 2007, 11:32 PM
CTH Subscriber

No it will not erase your files. You do have a the full installation CD right?

I dont recommend using a linux distro. I dont use linux so I am not up to date with enhancements however you may find that if you use it to write to a NTFS drive, it will render your file system unstable.

Maybe check in the Linux forum before taking this step.
Old October 24th, 2007, 11:36 PM

mk

I'll be sure to check out that forum, and I'll discuss matters further with my friend.
Are you sure that it would render my system unstable even though its only running from the disc and not actually being installed on my computer?
Old October 24th, 2007, 11:46 PM
CTH Subscriber

Yeah but you want to use it to write to your drive. Check in the Linux forum and see what they say.

Running System Restore from the Vista disk could fix your problem in five minutes.