Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old December 22nd, 2007, 12:03 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
My computer wont turn on... not a power supply problem

Hello this is my second post. My recent one was about my computer not working or something about my video card. This time i think its a virus. When i started up my computer i got to the part where you choose your account and type in the password. So when i was about to click on something. A message came up with a black screen and in white letters and said something about
//sytems/confinge missing or somehting like that and now it doesnt even start. i REALY need help.
Old December 22nd, 2007, 12:56 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Hello!

This error is usually due to some corruption. The easiest thing to try is to chose to startup using the Last Known Good Configuration. You might have to press F8 a few times after the initial black screen but before the XP boot screen (with the Windows flag and progress bar) and error message. You should then see a list of options on how to attempt to start XP. Choose Last Known Good Configuration, but it won't always fix the problem.

If that doesn't fix it, Microsoft has instructions on how to fix this error here. Please make sure to follow the directions exactly and type the things as they appear.