Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Web Development & Graphic Design Problem Solving for Graphic Design, PHP, ASP, Perl, MySQL, SQL, XML, HTML issues

Topic Tools
Old October 21st, 2004, 07:42 PM

Help with plain text form

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place. I have a small plain text form on my website, and I can not get it to work. I have used the same on other forms and never had a problem. here is the code

<form name=" Enquiry" METHOD="POST" enctype="text/plain" title="enquiryfrm" ACTION="mailto:info@domainname.com">

<table border="0" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="0">
<tr valign="top">
<td class="small">Your Name<br> <input type="text" name="name" size="32">
</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td class="small">Your Company<br> <input type="text" name="company" size="32">
</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td class="small">Your e-mail<br> <input type="text" name="email" size="32">
</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td class="small">Your Telephone<br> <input type="text" name="tel" size="32">
</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td class="small">&amp; the nature of your enquiry?<br> <textarea name="comment" cols="29" rows="4"></textarea>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td> <div align="left">

&nbsp;<p>
<a href="mailto:info@domainname.com"><input type="submit" value="Submit"></a></a></p>

</div></td></form>

can anyone offer a sugestion as to the problem.
Thank you
Old October 21st, 2004, 11:19 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Welcome

What is the problem?

There are a few errors such as you haven't closed the table tag and you don't need the anchor tag around the submit button.

<a href="mailto:info@domainname.com"><input type="submit" value="Submit"></a></a></p>