Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old September 12th, 2015, 06:13 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Laptop won't start, after upgrading to windows 10

I just finished upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7 on my Acer 5742 laptop. Windows started and I was watching the video telling me all about windows 10 when I realised that it was logged onto my wife's account, I pressed the restart button thinking it would give me the option to switch users, the screen went blank except for the timer thingy going round in the centre of the screen, it was like this for ages so I used the on/off button to turn it off.
I wanted a few minutes then pressed the button to turn it on again but nothing happened, it now won't turn on , any help would be greatly welcomed
Thanks

Mick
Old September 13th, 2015, 04:38 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Take the battery out and only use the AC Charger, see if it starts. If not leave the battery out, unplug the power, hold power button down 10 sec, plug AC charger in and try it.