Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old December 7th, 2017, 02:33 PM

PC has NO sound, Realtek HD Audio not detected

Hi,

I've been struggling with this issue and it's driving me nuts. I used to have sound on my PC until one day nothing comes out from the speakers. I was advised to reinstall Realtek HD Audio; I uninstalled the driver, downloaded the latest one from my motherboard's manufacturer's website (ASUS), restarted PC and installed this latest one. Still nothing.

I can't find Realtek HD Audio in the Device Manager though under Programs in Control Panel it's listed. The Realtek HD Audio Manager program is also not installed, I can't find RAVcpl.exe. Can someone help me out please, I've been googling the whole net and can't find anything at all. This is driving me insane.
Old December 7th, 2017, 03:12 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Have you looked in msconfig to see if it's listed, and if it's starting on bootup?
Old December 7th, 2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPR512 View Post
Have you looked in msconfig to see if it's listed, and if it's starting on bootup?
Thanks for your reply. I'm utterly a beginner on this, how do I look it up on msconfig and check if it's starting on bootup? If it takes too long to write I can google it up.
Old December 7th, 2017, 04:17 PM

You're welcome. It's pretty easy. On your keyboard hold the key that looks like Windows and the R key at the same time. A box will open where you need to type: msconfig. After you type msconfig hit the Enter key on the keyboard After you do that a box will poup up that says System Configuration, and there you will see some tabs. One of them says Startup. Just click Startup, and let us know if you see Realtek HD Audio Manager, and if so does it have a check mark next to it.
Old December 8th, 2017, 04:01 AM

Quote:
You're welcome. It's pretty easy. On your keyboard hold the key that looks like Windows and the R key at the same time. A box will open where you need to type: msconfig. After you type msconfig hit the Enter key on the keyboard After you do that a box will poup up that says System Configuration, and there you will see some tabs. One of them says Startup. Just click Startup, and let us know if you see Realtek HD Audio Manager, and if so does it have a check mark next to it.
Hi, I came here the first thing in the morning and as I was reading this, I got a system notification from Realtek HD Audio Manager that a jack was unplugged even though it's plugged. Now, Realtek HD Audio is listed in Device Manager, so both the HD Audio and Audio Manager should be installed. The reason for this I don't know but it isn't the first time, there was another time when I reinstalled and realtek HD Audio showed up only several days after installation.

Anyway, it's back to the same old problem I;m facing. Realtek HD Audio Manager can't properly detect my speakers because of this plugged unplugged thing. My speakers are listed in the Sounds list but they are shown as 'not connected'. How do I fix this?
Old December 8th, 2017, 11:25 AM

I told you to look in msconfig to see if Realtek was starting on boot. Have you looked in there at all?
It might help if you post the make and model number of your computer also.

Last edited by IPR512; December 8th, 2017 at 11:35 AM.
Old December 9th, 2017, 03:45 AM

Quote:
I told you to look in msconfig to see if Realtek was starting on boot. Have you looked in there at all?
It might help if you post the make and model number of your computer also.
Sorry, I looked into msconfig, it says to determine startup stuff use the startup section of Task Manager, and I see Realtek HD Audio Manager listed there.
The PC is I use is AFTERSHOCK PC intel core i7-7700k @ 4.2GHZ, 32GB RAM, win 10 64-bit, is this the correct info you require?