Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old July 8th, 2020, 10:42 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
How to get my ROG G551JW Keyboard lights to come on & stay on?

I can not get my keyboard backlights to come on at all. I’ve tried the Fun + F3 & F4 buttons & nothing works. I reinstalled my OS when I moved my Asus ROG from a 1TB HDD to a 250GB SSD. I did this 4-5 months ago. At work, I always left it plugged into a monitor & USB keyboard. I never noticed if the backlighting came on or not. Now I have to work from home & without the illumination from the backlighting, it can be hard to see the keys. Since now I have it plugged in nearly all the time & I’m not using a USB keyboard I thought I could go into some kind of settings to have the backlighting always on until the screen goes dark as I have setup for after 45 mins of no action. So far I can not find a way to get the backlighting to come on manually or otherwise. Does anyone have a solution?
Thanks!
Old August 31st, 2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKrumrie View Post
I can not get my keyboard backlights to come on at all. I’ve tried the Fun + F3 & F4 buttons & nothing works. I reinstalled my OS when I moved my Asus ROG from a 1TB HDD to a 250GB SSD. I did this 4-5 months ago. At work, I always left it plugged into a monitor & USB keyboard. I never noticed if the backlighting came on or not. Now I have to work from home & without the illumination from the backlighting, it can be hard to see the keys. Since now I have it plugged in nearly all the time & I’m not using a USB keyboard I thought I could go into some kind of settings to have the backlighting always on until the screen goes dark as I have setup for after 45 mins of no action. So far I can not find a way to get the backlighting to come on manually or otherwise. Does anyone have a solution?
Thanks!
Download and install the ATKACPI driver and kotkey-related utilities for windows 10.
https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of...Desk_Download/
You need to click Show All under the category.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/n..._VER100050.zip
Once downloaded and installed Hotkeys may need to be enabled.
https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1038312/
You need to run after this setup.exe and then reboot.

Last edited by silaschase; August 31st, 2020 at 11:02 AM.