Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old March 11th, 2007, 04:04 PM

Angry Windows XP and DST

So I woke up this morning and turned my computer on......to find that the clock didn't "spring forward". I am running Windows XP SP2. I went to the Microsoft site to download the patch they have and my computer gave me an error msg when I tried to run it "update cannot be installed a s a newer or same time zone update has already been installed on the system". Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?
Old March 11th, 2007, 04:53 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
windows did have an update for it? I never knew of it.
Old March 11th, 2007, 04:55 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Just a guess here, but, if you already had it installed on your comp. I would go into the add/remove programs and un-install it, then download it again.
Or just set your comp clock ahead manually by one hour.
Sorry I can't be of more help. Have a good day.
Old March 11th, 2007, 05:55 PM

Double click the time in the system tray and a window will open with 3 tabs. The one in the middle is "Time Zones." At the bottom is a box "automatically adjust for daylight savings time." Make sure you have that checked.