Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old March 14th, 2017, 02:05 PM

Western Digital hard drives compatible with Vista

Hi everyone, I'm using Vista home premium 32bit SP2 and also have 3 Western Digital my book hard drives. The ones I have are old versions but now there are new version drives so if I buy the new drives will they be compatible with Vista?

The older version drives which I have work fine with Vista. They are ones linked below.

https://www.wdc.com/en-um/products/e...e/my-book.html

I want to know if the newer version drives will work with Vista? They are linked below.

https://www.wdc.com/en-um/products/e...-book-new.html
Old March 14th, 2017, 03:16 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
A drive is a drive is a drive, the interface is USB, there is no reason why it won't work if you have a working USB port.