Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old January 24th, 2024, 06:22 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
I regularly watch the US version of Jeopardy, and have been amazed at the clever US and Canadian contestants, but then I see the numbers backing this ex-president who is facing criminal and civil actions, to say nothing of his completely un-statesmanlike performance when last in the chair, and I just wonder. What on earth has happened to the GOP and its multitude of followers?
Old January 24th, 2024, 08:40 PM

O/S: Linux
There is a quite amazing amount of really simple people in the USA who find it easier to be told what is rather than apply their own thought process to the task of decision making. In similar vain, once told something it becomes an absolute truth in their view....
Old January 25th, 2024, 07:54 AM

Here is an interesting point of view:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiI2EqSDcwI
Old January 25th, 2024, 05:25 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytee
There is a quite amazing amount of really simple people in the USA who find it easier to be told what is rather than apply their own thought process to the task of decision making....
Exactly..... 2020 showed that!!
Old January 25th, 2024, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
There is a quite amazing amount of really simple people in the USA who find it easier to be told what is rather than apply their own thought process to the task of decision making. In similar vain, once told something it becomes an absolute truth in their view....
Got my is and are mixed sorry about that.
Old January 28th, 2024, 08:35 AM

Another factor in people wanting to keep Trump is that there are over 19 million people in the states with hoarder syndrome...Just saying
Old January 29th, 2024, 03:18 AM

I did a search to see if I had done a post in this thread and that search seemed to indicate I had not. I think I did the search properly.

I can't state I am surprised that search seemed to indicate zero thoughts posted in this thread [42 pages, eh!] by myself, thus far, as I shy away from political discussion on the Net - - - usually. BUT I'm changing that here and now.

The reason I feel I might want to do a post now in this thread is that over the past few years or so, when I have taken a peek into threads on politics and the former President Trump I am frequently amazed at the sense of actual hate I see in the words people use to express their thoughts/thinking. (Yes, I view the two; 'thoughts' and 'thinking' as separate.)

Okay, so I wonder about that 'hate' mode some folks get into; but then I also wonder about the sort of adoration the opposite side seems to have for the former president.

I am not able to understand either side - - - "adoration" and/or "hate". I don't know if it is correct to start with the "hate" group thinking, but I will and probably have to do a second post on the other side of the fence, the "adoration" group.

Now you folks that are in our community here and have posted here and have indicated an extreme dislike of the former president (dropping us down a notch from "hate") is there absolutely nothing the former president did that you think was a correct decision/action/statement? Nothing at all?

For me, I thought he handled that young Kim fella of the DPRK in an excellent manner. I start with that because of my many years of having to work to keep that regime from causing trouble and my absolute fear of what could happen if that regime decided to start using any of those awful weapons systems the DPRK is stockpiling. In this part of the planet, where I have lived for decades, that is an absolute terror for us. And I know that vocabulary "terror" is a very strong choice, but it might be proper.

Okay, I better pause at this point rather than go on like the old man I am. And, yes, that is stereotyping of old folks, and I apologize to my 'partners in age' for that.
Old January 29th, 2024, 03:36 AM

I am neither a hater or an adorer I simply think this person should definitely not be in the most powerful position in the world.
The link gives a view of what some people think of Trump supporters...
https://imgur.com/gallery/6kSLjgG

@ Itsme. No nothing at all sorry. I am 76 years old and in terrible health fyi...
Old January 29th, 2024, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
I am neither a hater or an adorer I simply think this person should definitely not be in the most powerful position in the world.
The link gives a view of what some people think of Trump supporters...
https://imgur.com/gallery/6kSLjgG

@ Itsme. No nothing at all sorry. I am 76 years old and in terrible health fyi...
I'll have to switch to Firefox later to view that site. It would display only a black screen using Seamonkey.

Going a tad off-topic (mods please be kind) that aging thing is interesting to me. I have had three rounds of chemo so that steroid stuff did a nasty job to bone marrow, so my earlier years of athletic style ability is completely gone and it is weird having to go slow at all things and some things can't even do. But it is a kind of challenge and interesting. Of course, the cancer is a battle worse that even some actual ones when I was on active duty.
Old January 29th, 2024, 04:19 AM

I am going to say (untruthfully ) that Trump caused this just to stay with the topic..
I had already beaten cancer by the time I got to 45yo I overcame a bypass operation at 51 then one of the grafts became blocked and heart failure combined with severe vascular disease has caused me to become a palliative care patient. breathing is an extremely difficult task for me and typing under the influence of morphine is difficult even with three proofreads I still make silly errors.... (sorry in advance)
What a wonderful idea I had to start smoking at 13.......................................Yeah Right..
Old January 29th, 2024, 05:21 AM

A point about this off-topic street I accidentally got us on --- aging --- I find it to be an absolute medical marvel that requires serious attention by scientists --- that lady in the upper-left corner of this company's many pages --- well, she hasn't aged one bit since I was first introduced to her.

Okay, it is true that we haven't been introduced to each other, BUT I am sure I haven't seen her age one bit since I first met her back in 2011.

I better not ask here what her name is or the mods will really get on my case about going off-topic.
Old January 29th, 2024, 06:56 AM

A similar thing appeared to happened to Bridget Bardot according to Trump (trying desperately to remain with the topic here) who did not appear to age for more than 40 years then suddenly turned into a crocodile..
I think you might be talking about Anne Marie Smurfy or Zip...

Last edited by Jaytee; January 29th, 2024 at 07:01 AM. Reason: too many happeneds
Old February 26th, 2024, 03:36 AM

Donald Trump to appear in Nashville for NRB Presidential Forum

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (NRB) – Former president Donald J. Trump will address the 2024 NRB International Christian Media Convention as part of the NRB Presidential Forum on Thursday.

According to a release by the National Religious Broadcasters association, Trump will be at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center around 8 p.m
sex việt nam
Old February 27th, 2024, 08:53 AM

Does anyone think he will get back in??
Old February 27th, 2024, 09:33 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
I find it amazing that anyone with such scant regard for the law would even consider running. That said, yes, he has a fair chance of repeating the travesty, sadly to the detriment of the free world.

Or to use the words of another, see: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...reat-extremism

Quote:
Fifty years ago, then governor Ronald Reagan headlined the inaugural Conservative Political Action Conference. He spoke of the US as a city on a hill, an example of human virtue and excellence, a divinely inspired nation whose best days were ahead.

The speakers at last week’s conference were decidedly less inspiring. A lineup of extremists, insurrectionists and conspiracy theorists gathered for panels like “Cat Fight? Michelle v Kamala” and “Putting Our Heads in the Gas Stove”. At CPAC, you can drink “Woke Tears Water”, buy rhinestone-studded firearms and play a January 6-themed pinball machine.

But it would be wrong to dismiss CPAC as a crackpot convention. It is also a harbinger of what a second Donald Trump presidency would bring, influenced by a consortium of self-proclaimed Christian nationalists and reactionary dark money groups like the Heritage Foundation who see Trump as their return ticket to relevancy.

The Heritage Foundation has poured $22m into Project 2025, their plan to gut the “deep state” and radically reshape the government with a souped-up version of the unitary executive theory, which contends that the president should be allowed to enact his agenda without pesky checks and balances. To paraphrase one speaker at CPAC: “Welcome to the end of democracy.”

Last edited by Ned Seagoon; February 27th, 2024 at 11:30 PM.