Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old December 27th, 2005, 12:30 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Exclamation Endless Restart Cycle?? NEED HELP!!

My computer has entered an endless restart cycle...... Heres the problem, when i start up my computer, it starts normally, then when it gets to the utility screens, my keyboard does not operate, it brings up " Start windows normally, in safe mode, etc." it is already selected on start windows normally, so when the countdown finishes, the windows screen comes up with the blue bar going back and forth, when it finishes it restarts the computer. So after that all happens, i changed my bios to boot from cdrom, so i can reformat it. But it still brings me to the utility screen and says press any key to boot from the cdrom, except my keyboard is unoperational when it gets to the utility screen, the only time my keyboard operates is when its at the start up screen. Thats my problem... Now, i had no viruses before this happened, this problem has occured before and costed me $70 to fix,and it only seems to happen when i did a system restore, CAN ANYONE HERE SAVE ME $70 BUCKS???? PLZ!!!
Old December 27th, 2005, 01:37 AM

have you tried other restore points?
Old December 27th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Banned

Try a ps2 keyboard, as many usb keyboards do not work at certain points of setup!