Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old November 29th, 2005, 07:06 PM

Unhappy **HELP** How to Disable onboard Graphics card.

I have a (Foxconn/Winfast) K7s741mg-6l mother board with a SIS714 onboard grahpics card. Im running a sempron 3000+ Processor. I have plugged in and installed my NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, none of my games are recognising the Geforce but i have installed all of the drivers. I believe that the onboard grapgics card is over-powering the GeForce grahpics card. But in my BIOS it shows no options for disabling the onboard graphics card. The BIOS are Pheonix Award-BIOS.
Please if you have any idea how to figure this out.. please reply. If not, then maybe you have another solution? Thanks!
Old November 29th, 2005, 07:39 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
That motherboard should automatically switch to using the AGP card when one is connected. If not something is wrong. Try:
-Uninstalling the onboard graphics drivers (reinstall the GeForce ones after that)
-Check again in the BIOS, this time looking for anything related to 'initial display adaptor', change it it AGP
-Ensure the card is firmly in the AGP slot
-Check if DirectX diagnostics (Start->Run dxdiag) detects your card, and also check if the BIOS detects it
-If the BIOS doesn't detect it, clear the CMOS by following the manual, and try again
-If the BIOS still doesn't detect the card, you may have a faulty motherboard, or a faulty graphics card
Old November 29th, 2005, 10:55 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Welcome to CTH, Horzion_GFx
Old November 30th, 2005, 12:53 PM

i have the same problem but mine is a pci card it runs ok without my geforce in but as soon as install it. My computer doesn't run right plus my games are telling me that the graphics card is not good enough. I know it is because i used the graphics card in a old computer and my games worked. I had the same problem with my old pc but i disabled the on board graphics card in my bios but there doesn't seem to beany where in bios to disable it. please help as this really bugging me know thanks
Old November 30th, 2005, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz_1985
I had the same problem with my old pc but i disabled the on board graphics card in my bios but there doesn't seem to beany where in bios to disable it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
-Check again in the BIOS, this time looking for anything related to 'initial display adaptor', change it it AGP
Substitute "change it to AGP" to "change it to PCI".
Old November 30th, 2005, 02:15 PM

I have done the initial first display as PCI and the visual is plugged into the graphics card and works. But my onboard graphics card is coming up as 'found new hardware' and restarts my pc. I really think i need to disable but i dont know how.
Old November 30th, 2005, 03:36 PM

Instead of restarting now.. windows has no picture. but i have sounds! this is with the GeForce plugged in.
Old November 30th, 2005, 04:02 PM

Try the other suggestions under post #2.