Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old November 8th, 2005, 05:18 AM

DVD Burner will no longer read CD's of any type?

Hi, I have a sony vaio pcvrs315 - it came originally with a dvd drive and a cdburner. I have recently upgraded the cdburner to a new Sony Dvd burner DRU-800A, It came with Nero 6 and had been amazing from burning movies onto dvds to burning my music onto cd's. Today I went to burn a album onto cdr and the drive no longer recongnized what a Cdr was, I then attempted to put in a Cd with Nero on it (which it originally came with) and it couldn't pick up anything on that either? I have reformatted, did a firmware upgrade ... tried everything imaginable and nothing seems to work? I am really mad about this? I don't know wether it is a hardware issue or something to do with my drivers for it? anyways any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks for your time,
Trevor Fisher
Old November 30th, 2005, 03:46 PM

I have a similar problem with a SONY CD-RW/DVD-ROM CRX320E. It worked fine for a few months, then it stopped reading CD's. It still reads DVD's though. I've updated and reinstalled everything imaginable short of my whole system. I can't even perform SONY's Drive Test, without being able to read a CD. I wish I had an answer, but hopefully someone might know if this is a SONY issue, or have some help for us.