Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old July 21st, 2018, 06:17 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
I found the latest HP updates in my "Action Log" in the HP Support Assistant. I'm going to type the list as I see it, and then explain what I know:

Intel WLAN Driver for Microsoft Windows 10 Installed on 7/18/2018 (this is grayed out for some reason)
Realtek Card Reader Driver Installed on 7/18/2018
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver (AHCI) Installed on 7/18/2018
Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver Installed on 7/9/2018
Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver Installed on 7/9/2018
Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver Installed on 7/9/2018
Realtek High-Definition (HDI) Audio Driver Installed on 7/9/2018
HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI Installed on 7/9/2018 (grayed out)
HP System Event Utility Installed on 7/9/2018 (grayed out)
HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 828A) Installed on 6/26/2018

I know for 100 percent certainty that it was one of the updates that were installed on 7/9/2018, because when I installed some of these on 7/18, the problem was already happening, and I know the problem started happening on 7/9 right AFTER I installed those updates (as opposed to the 6/26/2018 updates -- it hasn't been happening that long). I'm guessing the Graphics Driver is the culprit, but if I need to bring my drivers up to date, I'm not sure I should uninstall it, either -- would that be okay to do? Also, I'm not sure how.

Mrs.Lufbra
Old July 21st, 2018, 07:33 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
It’s good that you can narrow it down to 7/9/18. Just wondering if the updated graphics driver caused the problem.
Old July 21st, 2018, 07:39 PM

If I can figure out a way to uninstall that one update, do you think that's okay to do?

Mrs.Lufbra
Old July 21st, 2018, 07:52 PM

How about the full model number of that computer it may help to Google to see if anybody else has had a problem with the same computer since those updates.
What does your other half think about the problem?
Old July 21st, 2018, 08:42 PM

Hi IPR512,

It's an HP Envy 750-410. I just did a Google search and could not find my particular problem listed.

As for the other half -- he's as baffled as I am about the issue, and is not sure what to do. It's a difficult problem to explain too -- makes it difficult to search it, I think.

Mrs.Lufbra
Old July 21st, 2018, 10:31 PM

Have a look here. I looked, and I don't see any driver updates for 7/9/18.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...model/13378485
I see Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Drivers, but there seems to be 3 different types of Intel HD Graphics drivers so it's hard to figure out which one your computer uses.
I would've thought that if you downloaded, and updated a driver it would've been listed there close to the date you updated, but I don't see anything from July.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Intel HD Graphics Driver.JPG (96.3 KB, 2 views)
Old July 21st, 2018, 10:50 PM

Hi IPR512,

I ran "dxdiag" at the command prompt, and it shows me lots of information, telling me "Name" is "Intel(R) HD Graphics 530," "Driver Model" is "WDDM 2.1" -- among other information. Those are the two pieces of information that I'm guessing are the most important (with my limited experience in these areas). Does that tell you anything?

If that's not helpful, I'm sorry -- perhaps this wouldn't lead you to any suggestions. I certainly don't mean to go back and forth too many times if the info doesn't help -- just let me know if you need to give up, if it's too baffling.

Thanks for your help so far, indeed!

Mrs.Lufbra
Old July 22nd, 2018, 12:38 AM

I sure wish I knew how to fix the problem for you, but I'm no expert compared to some of the people on here. I really hate to give up, but I'm baffled also.
I suppose that by now you have added lots of files to it since that July 7 updates otherwise I would tell you to take a chance, and do a system restore back to that date, but that wouldn't tell us what the culprit is in all of this.
Hopefully somebody else will come along, and give you the solution you need. Keep us posted.
Old July 22nd, 2018, 03:20 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
The graphics drive date installed generally is not the date of the file (driver) itself.

1st lets try this:

In device manager right click on the entry Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics, (should be listed under Display Adapters)

To get to Device Manager, several ways:

START type Device Manager then tap Device Manager

or Press Windows key +X then choose Device Manager

Now click on Scan for Hardware Changes if that doesn't help then try this:

When you right click click on Properties>Driver Tab click on Button named Roll Back Driver click OK. Lets see what happens. If you uninstall the driver, then reboot Windows will just reinstall the same driver.
Old July 22nd, 2018, 06:05 AM

Hi press the win + r keys together in the run dialogue box copy paste:-

ms-settings:display (press enter) PC settings display will open scroll to you see "Advanced Display Settings", in the next window select "Display adapter properties for display x.x" (x is a number) Intels control panel will open go through these settings, it may be something there, is not set properly.

We can see what Graphics card you have and from the ven & dev numbers locate the proper drivers, go to search and type:- command prompt, right click on the returned command prompt and select "run as administrator" cmd prompt will open, copy all the cmd below and right click anywhere in the cmd prompt window the cmd will append to the prompt, press enter.

wmic PATH Win32_VideoController GET Description,PNPDeviceID /format:list > 0 & notepad 0

Please copy paste the notepad output here.
Old July 22nd, 2018, 05:18 PM

Hi all,

IPR512 -- I don't blame you! I never bring easy problems to the table.

Murf, I did the "Scan for Hardware Changes," and I still had the problem with the windows moving/resizing after that. The "Roll Back Driver" button on the Display tab, however, is grayed out.

Jenae, I did have a look at the Advanced Display Settings for both monitors (yes, I have two), but there was nothing much that I could change there. Here are the Notepad results of that command you mentioned:

Description=Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
PNPDeviceID=PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1912&SUBSYS_8 28A103C&REV_06\3&11583659&1&10

Thank you, everybody!

Mrs.Lufbra
Old July 23rd, 2018, 07:11 PM

Mrs. Lufbra, sorry that nothing that was mentioned here worked for you.
Not sure if it would do any good, but maybe if you call HP, and let them know one of their updates screwed up your computer they may have a solution.
Let us know how it goes, and if you find a solution.