Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old January 1st, 2008, 03:13 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Error

I keep getting this error, like 10 times a day! It usually happens when I have left the computer and come back to use it, then I find the error on my screen. I visited Microsoft's website and all I could find was something about Service Pack 2. So I reloaded it and it seemed okay, for about 6 hours, then it started up again. I tried to copy and paste the information but it won't let me paste it so here is some of the what is says I get when I click on more information about the error.

Error signature
szAppName: SVCHOST.EXE szAppVer: 5.1.2600.xxxx (think this is my IP addy)
szModName: HPZinw12.dll szMODVer: 121/1/54 offset: 00006db4

This error report includes: information regarding the condition of Generic Host Process for Win32 Services when the problem occurred, the operating system version and computer hardware in use, and the IP address of your computer.

The data that we collect will only be used to fix the problem. If more information is available,we will tell you when you report the problem. (yeah right!).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Pat
Old January 1st, 2008, 03:50 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

The "HPZinw12" is the clue. That's a part of HP printer or scanner (or both) software.

Do you have an HP printer, scanner or all-in-one installed?

Note: The number following "szAppVer" is a version number, not your IP.
Old January 1st, 2008, 08:10 PM

Yes, I have an HP all-in one. I had to reload the software awhile back because I couldn't scan. But it works now, so wonder what the problem is. Looks like I'll have to contact HP and see if they can help me.

Thanks for your help.
Pat