Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old October 10th, 2009, 10:47 AM

Sensors showing weird on ASUS T3-P5G31A.

Hi!

This is (as some of you may know) a barebone model. I didn't find a specific Barebone subforum so I thought that this would be the appropriate please for the thread. However. To my issue. I just got this machine home. I installed Speedfan right after setup to make sure the CPU was getting that sweet cold breeze that it needs ;P Guess if I was chocked when it showed 82 degrees Celcius on Temp 1. Screenshot url below for y'all to see:

http://tinypic.com/r/21105tw/4

I instantly rebooted and entered BIOS. In hardware monitor, the temperature showed ~38 degrees. I was confuzed. What's the deal here? I rather trust the hardware monitor than a 3rd part software like Speedfan, right? But where does it get these figures (82 degrees) from..? It's still stort of bugging me not knowing, if you get my point. Would be very kind if anyone had a simple explanation for me.

Ty in adv.
Regards~

Carl.

PS. Also EVEREST is showing this sensor, under the name "Aux".
Old October 10th, 2009, 08:39 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Why assume that Temp 1 is reading the cpu? Seems Temp 2 and the two Core readings are what you want.
Old October 10th, 2009, 09:20 PM

Yeah. But the fact that I have one sensor that indicates 80-90c is what's eating me. Would love some insight (if anyone has it) on what these sensors would be? North bridge? Seems one "chip" on the mobo is "bare-headed", although there are diagnoal holes for pin-plugs aside it.