Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old February 5th, 2013, 02:29 AM

Google Drive and Excel 2007

After a crash and consequent data loss I belatedly decided to use online data storage. As a stopgap until I decided which strategy to adopt, I moved some of my more important Excel workbooks to the free version of Google Drive online storage system.

Although I couldn't make the "Download" feature work, I confirmed that I was able to copy and drag files from the Google Drive folder back to my laptop and they arrived intact with all worksheets preserved, which was good enough for an interim measure.

However, when I switched to using a different laptop, I found that only the first worksheet had been preserved. I had lost all the other worksheets. Even the "top" worksheet which remained was stripped of sheet tabs and horizontal scrollbars and I am unable to restore them using the Options - Advanced checkboxes.

Has anyone suffered similar problems with Google Drive?
Old February 17th, 2013, 06:08 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Never used Google Drive, were both laptops using the same version of Excel?