Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Linux

Notices

Linux Problem solving for all open source distributions of Linux, such as Debian/Ubuntu, Fedora, RedHat, Suse, Mandriva and other proprietary unixes such as Solaris, SGI Irix. Newbie friendly too!

Topic Tools
Old October 1st, 2006, 09:57 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
How to install windows software in linux without installing any edition software?

I am trying to install Britannica 2003, which is obviously workable only in windows but i want it to work with Kubuntu linux without using or installing any software..beacuse the main reason is that i don't have internet access in my home computer and seconly i don't know how to install softwares in linux.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 03:22 AM

O/S: Linux
If it only has a windows version then you would need an emulator like Wine to run it. It is available in the kubuntu repositories, but that would require you to have an internet connection to download it with.

If you manage to get an internet connection, just run 'sudo apt-get update' and then 'sudo apt-get install wine'.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 11:38 AM

O/S: Linux
Definately impossible to install a Windows binary without some additional software, like Wine or Cross Over office. [based on Wine]