Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old June 7th, 2007, 10:19 PM

Angry Generic.Brontok: Moved from WinNT by Murray

Hi I don’t know if you could help me butt I am battling with a Generic.Brontok virus and it is driving me nuts. Please help if you can or refer me to someone that can
Regards Herman
Old June 8th, 2007, 12:22 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows XP Home
Welcome to CTH HermanIonline,

Please download HijackThis from here. Click on the downloaded file to run it and select "Do a system scan and save a logfile". Use copy/paste and post back here the log it creates for review.
~~~~~~~~~~~

I would also like to see another kind of scan, go here and download Silent Runners to your desktop. Run it, and post back here the log it creates. If your AV queries the script, allow it to run. It's not malicious. It will create a file named Startup Programs, and will notify when the scan is complete. Copy the log from the Startup Programs file back here.

Please post back the HijackThis log and the Silent Runners log.