Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old February 5th, 2020, 09:16 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Upgrade to win 10 from win 7 ultimate

Been given a Hewlett Packard win 7 ultimate,how do I transfer my user my necessary settings to win 10.Is there a free upgrade.I am needing to transfer all to this Hewlett Packard as it has a larger capacity.Can I stay logged in as I had to make a number of attempts to sign in ,I ticked ....stay logged in ... But it was not recognised and I had not been able to recall accurately what my password was,so I am crelieved I must have stumbled on the correct version.

Last edited by lcyber; February 5th, 2020 at 09:27 PM.
Old February 5th, 2020, 10:25 PM

The Windows ultimate should read Home Premium win 7 and not ultimate as stated
Old February 7th, 2020, 12:23 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Not quite sure what your concerns are Icyber. Transfer all what to the Hewlett-Packard? You just need to have the disc and the product key for Windows 10, which yes, you will have to purchase from someplace like eBay or Amazon. But you can then upgrade that Windows 7 to Windows 10, and it will keep your programs and data intact.
Old February 28th, 2020, 01:53 PM

Thanks
Old March 2nd, 2020, 10:50 AM
Banned

Step 1: First of all, make sure that you’re running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 with all recently released updates.

Step 2: Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor tool available in the Get Windows 10 app to check if your PC’s hardware and installed applications are compatible with Windows 10. If there are any issues with the hardware, please install the latest available drivers to sort out driver issues.

Likewise, some antivirus programs might not be compatible with Windows 10 and you might be asked to remove incompatible software before the upgrade.

Step 4: After the official release of Windows 10 on July 29th, you’ll see a notification that Windows 10 installation files have been downloaded onto your PC. Click on the notification to begin upgrading your Windows 7 Ultimate edition installation to Windows 10 for free.
Old March 2nd, 2020, 09:34 PM

Thank you
Old March 10th, 2020, 12:25 PM

I wanted to Reset but this would apparently take the PC back to the original installation by the factory,which was Win 7 Ultimate and I have now installed Win 10 and no longer have the Win 10 disc.How would I wipe out everything except the Win 10 Operating system.
Old April 7th, 2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcyber View Post
How would I wipe out everything except the Win 10 Operating system.
"How would i wipe out everything"
I understand it as wiping out everything from Windows 10 computer or disk,including files and data saved on computer,if so that,best to use some data erasing software.