Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old September 19th, 2016, 05:58 PM

Thumbs up Windows Defender vs 360 Total secyrity

I got a popup advising to turn on Windows Defender I am presently using 360 total security.
Could you advise if windows Defender is a better choice.?
Old September 19th, 2016, 07:31 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
if you got a popup advising to turn on Windows Defender, you need to check your settings and see if 360 total security is actually running. Windows Defender will not enable if there is another antivirus running.

as far as which is better, I personally run Windows Defender and not other antiviruses. The better choice is really a personal decision. One thing for sure, I am not sure if I would trust 360 total security since it is known for cheating in lab tests. if they have to cheat there gotta be something wrong.
Old September 23rd, 2016, 05:29 PM
Banned

go with AKick Total Security to get rid from all issues.

check out the link below..=>

(Spam deleted by moderator)

Last edited by smurfy; September 27th, 2016 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Spam deleted download.cnet.com/AKick-Antivirus-Total-Security/3000-2239_4-76471097.html
Old September 23rd, 2016, 10:32 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

I agree with renegade Jerry56, in that Defender shouldn't give you any warning if the system recognizes a third party security software installed.

I am not a big fan of Chinese security programs. Mostly cause China and it's user needs are terribly radically different from other parts of the world. Last I checked, Chinese folks even accept Baidu adware as a norm.

But this MS Info:

360 Total Security displays your computer protection status, startup time and disk usage, also offers quick access to key features including:
- FULL CHECK checks the overall condition of your computers health and safety.
- CLEAN UP frees your disk space by removing junk files and plugin which can improve system performance.

Big difference between just security software, and security software that offers to make changes to your system un-related to security. I give it a thumbs down.