Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old June 23rd, 2019, 04:45 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Re-enable the search function.

And Chrome runs apps in the background (why, who knows). Maybe century dropped an app on you.

Reset Google Chrome.

Then still in Chrome, turn off running apps.

You'll need to reboot to make that change work.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 04:47 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyproblems View Post
OK now .... When I got this PC ( maybe in 2013 ) In the Start .... it did have a " Search Feature " but after a while , it is not there anymore .... have to do a manual search . So to do what you ask about going " Here " and delay the Feature for 90 days ..... I do not know how to get there to type regedit . Thanks .
... OK , I made it to Registery Editor and to Branch Registery Level and it shows REG_DWORD and then 0x00000010 ( 16 ) then underneath is DeferFeatureUpdatesPeriodIn Days and then shows 0x00000000 ( 0 ) . I right clicked on that showing here and clicked on 32 bit ( which my PC is 64 bit ) and a " New Value # 1 " choice showed at the bottom and I right clicked on the " 0x00000000 ( 0 ) and chose the same 32 bit choice and the new box ( New Value # 1 ) became " New Value # 2 " and that's all that changed ..... so I am stumped unless all of that changes when I reboot . Thanks . OK I just noticed your " Today 11:45 AM " post .

Last edited by manyproblems; June 23rd, 2019 at 04:50 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 05:06 PM

What link did I provide that required you to do registry changes? I don't recall seeing any in any of them.

I'm heading up to the local pub now, so may not check back in with you until tomorrow. Heck, I may not check back in with me until tomorrow too.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintan View Post
Also right click in the Taskbar and go to Toolbars and see if the icon is listed there.
No the curious emblem does not show , the only time it shows " solid " in the last log in page for Century Link . Thanks .
Old June 23rd, 2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
What link did I provide that required you to do registry changes? I don't recall seeing any in any of them.

I'm heading up to the local pub now, so may not check back in with you until tomorrow. Heck, I may not check back in with me until tomorrow too.
https://www.ghacks.net/2018/09/27/ho...in-windows-10/ .... I went to the " All Windows 10 editions ( including windows 10 Home " section because I ( Think ) I have Home edition . Thanks and enjoy yourself and stay safe ! ALSO ... I was wrong About the " New Value # 1 " box turning in to " new Value # 2 " box ....It is two seperate boxes .... Should I go back and Delete Both boxes ? Thanks .

Last edited by manyproblems; June 23rd, 2019 at 05:32 PM.
Old June 24th, 2019, 11:42 AM

Thanks Jintan! You can use Microsoft's Update Assistant tool to install 1903 manually. This is probably a good option since the error 0x80244018 is related to your internet settings. It is one of the bugs that came will KB4038788 which probably screwed your internet settings and caused compatibility issues between Windows OS and Microsoft Store.
Old June 24th, 2019, 01:15 PM

Good you solved that update problem. I'm not sure what you mean when you say a box. Did you do the Google Chrome reset?
Old June 24th, 2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Good you solved that update problem. I'm not sure what you mean when you say a box. Did you do the Google Chrome reset?
As I know of , I did not fix the Update problem But I did not go back to that link that you sent me to use and go though the steps to see if Any change did come . I will later and Delete the New Boxes #'s 1 and 2 that I created even though it does not appear to be causing a problem . Yes I did do the Google Chrome reset . Thanks ....So far in Update it is not forcing me to do the Feature Update but who knows !
Old June 24th, 2019, 03:21 PM

Well, I guess that's a positive result with updates. Did turning off apps in Chrome get rid of that icon in the taskbar?
Old June 24th, 2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Well, I guess that's a positive result with updates. Did turning off apps in Chrome get rid of that icon in the taskbar?
Reset of Chrome did appear to help some on some things . That emblem that shows up appears to be in Century Links pages only . Have not seen it appear even for the split second anywhere else yet . Thanks .
Old June 24th, 2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Re-enable the search function.

And Chrome runs apps in the background (why, who knows). Maybe century dropped an app on you.

Reset Google Chrome.

Then still in Chrome, turn off running apps.

You'll need to reboot to make that change work.
OK I did get the " Search " function back on .....thank you !
Old June 24th, 2019, 09:55 PM

Press Ctrl - Alt - Delete at the same time. When Task manager appears, if the More Details appears in the lower left click on it. Click the Startups tab, and if you see anything similar to this:

() [File not signed] C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.YourPhone_1.19052.657. 0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\YourPhone.exe

Right click it, and select Disable.

Then close task manager and reboot. See if that icon is gone.
Old June 25th, 2019, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Press Ctrl - Alt - Delete at the same time. When Task manager appears, if the More Details appears in the lower left click on it. Click the Startups tab, and if you see anything similar to this:

() [File not signed] C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.YourPhone_1.19052.657. 0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\YourPhone.exe

Right click it, and select Disable.

Then close task manager and reboot. See if that icon is gone.
It was all signed and nothing looked strange ..... thanks ! OK when I sent this message and logged out I watched the little blue twirl and for a split second the emblem showed for this site then immediately showed the little monitor / PC , the emblem for this site, SO I logged back in and watched the blue twirl and Again for that split second the emblem showed and then showed Cyber Tech emblem ( The little monitor / PC ) !

Last edited by manyproblems; June 25th, 2019 at 12:42 AM.
Old June 25th, 2019, 02:46 PM

Does the shield show in Firefox and Internet Explorer too?
Old June 25th, 2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Does the shield show in Firefox and Internet Explorer too?
I have not used Firefox since I got this PC in 2013 because it came in and my new wife set it up while I was working .... been using Google Chrome ever since . I really never use Explorer but I did sign in to Facebook a few minutes ago and the Emblem that show for a split second 96 % of the time did not show the one time using I guess it is Explorer or Microsoft Edge .... I click on the Blue " e " . I also tried logging in here using the Blue " e " but it would not allow me to log in saying the user name ( Which I know user name is correct ) or password was not correct which I am 99 % sure that is my password but anyway .... I am using Chrome now .