Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old June 26th, 2019, 11:06 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Actually, I prefer using Firefox. Add a Ublock ad blocker and it works great. Not even ads on my email page. May block that shield pest as well, though you may want to contact Century on that one. I recommend you use Internet Explorer instead of Edge. Just have to type "internet" in the search bar, and when Internet Explorer shows at the top of the display, right click and choose "Pin to taskbar" (so you have handy access to it). Edge always seems to have problems.
Old June 27th, 2019, 04:47 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintan View Post
Actually, I prefer using Firefox. Add a Ublock ad blocker and it works great. Not even ads on my email page. May block that shield pest as well, though you may want to contact Century on that one. I recommend you use Internet Explorer instead of Edge. Just have to type "internet" in the search bar, and when Internet Explorer shows at the top of the display, right click and choose "Pin to taskbar" (so you have handy access to it). Edge always seems to have problems.
Thanks Jintan for all of your help . I thought I did have Explorer but it disappeared some time back and now I have it again . I have been having personal problems for a few days but as soon as I can get back with you I will . Again , thanks for all of your help here ......I'll be back !
Old June 28th, 2019, 03:10 PM

Glad to have helped friend.
Old June 29th, 2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyproblems View Post
Thanks Jintan for all of your help . I thought I did have Explorer but it disappeared some time back and now I have it again . I have been having personal problems for a few days but as soon as I can get back with you I will . Again , thanks for all of your help here ......I'll be back !
I am using Explorer now on this site, my log in problem is I did not have password exact ! I did check in Google with " Saved Passwords " and there are 31 of those there and 22 of those show that "emblem " for the site ! The first on the list and it has that " Emblem " is like an IP address and I Googled the address and says that many routers use that address and another place in the search said it was a " Gateway " address . Thanks !
Old July 1st, 2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
OK … I just got in to my e-mail through Explorer and on the third page ( the second sign in page ) where that ' Emblem " has stayed solid for a couple of weeks now …. it does not show in Explorer which leads me to think that it is Google that is tracking my movement for whatever reasons ! The " Emblem " is not so much a pest as it is I am always curious of " Why " when things start to happen that has never happened / I would be curious to hear your professional opinion . I have a very recent post here about Google that may explain my opinion ….. Thanks !
Old July 8th, 2019, 12:30 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Just upgraded to version 1903 today, I first did a image of the drive. Upgrade took some time but had no problems, all seems to be working OK so far.
Old July 9th, 2019, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Just upgraded to version 1903 today, I first did a image of the drive. Upgrade took some time but had no problems, all seems to be working OK so far.
Thanks Murf for the info . I will try this soon after my personal life calms down .
Old July 10th, 2019, 02:27 PM

For this mysterious emblem you keep talking about, log out of your email and restart the computer and log back in. It might just be created from your email's cookie. Logging out will clear the cookie.
Old July 10th, 2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
For this mysterious emblem you keep talking about, log out of your email and restart the computer and log back in. It might just be created from your email's cookie. Logging out will clear the cookie.
It appears while using Google Chrome only . Started out a few weeks ago appearing faithfully on the last ( third ) page of logging to my e-mail account but now is also showing faithfully on the second page . First I go to Homepage Century Link ….click on E-mail then it goes to Log In page then goes to second E-mail Log In page . Thanks .
Old July 11th, 2019, 10:10 PM

Why not contact CenturyLink and ask them.
Old July 11th, 2019, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Why not contact CenturyLink and ask them.
I probably will do that . I have narrowed it down to Google Chrome because when I stumbled in to the saved passwords about 2/3 of those showed that emblem . But for this site it shows a little monitor and keyboard but I must say that using Google Chrome for here ...it showed that emblem briefly before finally landing on the Little Monitor / keyboard . Thanks .
Old July 12th, 2019, 12:36 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
I’m curious as to what the Emblem that you’re talking about looks like. Can you post a picture of it?
Old July 12th, 2019, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPR512 View Post
I’m curious as to what the Emblem that you’re talking about looks like. Can you post a picture of it?
I tried that during this whole discussion but really I do not know how to accomplish that task .I am sure I did stumble upon taking /trying to take a screen shot but I never could figure out how to post it here and now I am not sure how I even got to the screen shot deal . Thanks .

Last edited by manyproblems; July 12th, 2019 at 02:53 AM.
Old July 12th, 2019, 08:37 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Ok sorry that you're not able to do that.