Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old September 8th, 2020, 05:07 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
I can't log into laptop after Win 10 Update. User service profile error!

Hi,

I just did a Win 10 system update on a Lenovo flex 3. Its running Win 10 & has an SSD. The update was huge & took hours to complete. I don't think it had ever had an update in 2 years. The normal login screen appears after a restart. I enter the 4 digit pin & it acts like its loading. But I get a blue screen that says:
"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.
User profile can not be load."

I've watched videos saying you need to get into Safe Mode but I can't seem to do that. The F8 trick doesn't work because the SSD is too fast. I tried Shift & Power but no luck. At the bottom left corner of the page, it has 2 boxes. the one on top is the Users Name. Under that, it has a box that says McAfee Skip the password. The "skip the password" option launches a Mcafee app that seems to start a facial recognition log in which we never set up soI don't think it wouldn't do anything. I have no idea how to fix this issue. Any help you can provide would be very appreciated!
Old September 8th, 2020, 06:14 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
I think I found a solution to at least my particular issue. I want to post this in case it helps others. My 1st problem was I couldn’t get my Laptop to boot into Safe Mode. I went to the Lenovo support site & they had this suggestion:
Use Shift+Restart
1. Press the Windows logo key + X on the keyboard.
2. Hold the Shift key while clicking Restart from the Shut down or sign out menu.
3. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
4. After the PC restarts, there is a list of options. Select 4 or F4 or Fn+F4 (following the on-screen instructions) to start the PC in Safe Mode. Or in order to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 or Fn+F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.
I did these steps & picked #4 to reboot into Safe Mode. The laptop booted into Safe Mode without any problems. I then restarted the laptop to normal mode. Presto it took the 4 digit pin this time no problem. (I did notice the PC took awhile to finally completely boot up into Safe Mode. So I think it just needed to get booted up with the pin code in its basic mode to fix the Profile service issue.)
If you do the Safe Mode trick & it still doesn’t work I have a link to a voutube video I was about to try that goes step-by-step on what to do once you at least get into Safe Mode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyuP...nnel=TechFixIT

I hope this helps!
Old September 8th, 2020, 06:53 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
There seems to be lots of problems with Lenovo laptops after some updates. Glad you found a solution, and it's nice of you to post the solution you found.
https://www.techradar.com/news/windo...lenovo-laptops