Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old August 20th, 2014, 11:19 AM

Preferred Dns Server Sets To 127.0.0.1 Automatically

My problem is with the IPv4 properties; I get connection when DNS is set to 'obtain automatically' but a few minutes after setting this, it changes to a preferred server called 127.0.0.1, the reroute to nowhere! Now i have to go back there every few minutes and change this setting if I want to connect.

Google was useless, I ran anti-malware, rebooted and reset all connections to both WiFi and Ethernet connection to the modem, tried all the command prompt tricks and nothing works.
Old August 20th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Welcome to CTH stan5582,

Some type of loopback setting there, which redirects back to Local Host (your computer). Often a malware trick, so I suggest you consider starting a new request in the CTH Malware Removal Forum (at the bottom of that linked page).