Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old September 15th, 2005, 02:57 AM

Error Loading Operating System

I have a computer that has Windows Home Edition SP1. Everything was working fine and that night turned it off using the start button like always etc..

The next morning when I turned it on the windows start screen came up like normal and after the blue line stopped just before the desktop loads. This time the screen went black and this is what was written in the upper left corner of the screen.

Error Loading Operating System

I tried using my OEM disk and the restoration disk and nothing happens and I get the same display. Haven't done anything in the bios and the XP Home Edition screen doesn't even load anymore. Also I have read about people using floppy disks to reboot but my computer doesn't have a floopy drive.

At this point a format would be cool because all my important data is stored on an external hard drive.

Please help and thanks in advance.
Old September 15th, 2005, 03:38 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
It sounds like it's not searching the CD drive before it searches the harddrive. Just go into the BIOS and move the CD drive up to first in the boot device order, the "Exit Saving Changes" (making sure the CD is in the CD drive) and see if that gets things working right.
Old September 15th, 2005, 05:16 AM

I'll give it a shot and see what happens, thanks for the speedy help. I guess computers have days like we do from time to time. I'll let you know how it goes.