Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old June 20th, 2012, 02:34 AM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
BUILT-IN Video Card NO SIGNAL INPUT

COmputer Specs..

Processor: Intel Dual Core 2.6Ghz
Motherboard: ASUS PH861-M LX
Video: Built-In / Onboard
Sound: Built-In / Onboard
Monitor: AOC 18.5 LED Monitor

Hi,

I recently purchased a New Desktop for my sister and encountered these problem for the FIRST TIME.. When We got the CPU, I installed windows 7 32 bit on it and Successfully installed all drivers then after a few hours the System frequently hanged-up, got BSOD and black and white screen error. Observed it for a few hours again then same problems occurred. Sent the CPU back on the Comp Store to be checked by the tech support and replaced the Memory Card for a new one guessing its the Culprit.. Advice by there Technician, I reformatted / Installed Windows 7 32bit and then these:

PROBLEM: After Installing the Graphics Card Driver and rebooted the system, After WINDOWS loading screen, suddenly the Monitor Goes Black with "NO SIGNAL" warning after the WINDOWS LOADING SCREEN.. I Already formatted and freshly installed Windows 3 Times Guessing that it was a corrupted Installation but its NOT!

1. Tried to Boot on Safemode to change the resolution to its proper supported resolution but cant find the NATIVE resolution for it [1366x768].. SO i tried the following Resolution 1280 x 1024, 1024x768: Both Resolution DIDNT WORK and still receives "NO SIGNAL"

2. Since any of the Resolution didnt work I UNINSTALLED the Videocard Driver, Rebooted and got the 600X800 Low resolution and IT WORKED and I GOT in on WINDOWS desktop..

I therefore Concluded that Its with the Video Resolution that causing the problem.. I DOWNLODED the Updated / New Grpahics Driver of the Mobo on ASUS site Thinking that It will Solved the Problem..

After Downloading, Installed the new Driver.. SAME STUPID PROBLEM Happened and STUCKED on the Black SCREEN "NO SIGNAL".. I UNINSTALLED the new VGA driver again in SAFEMODE and GOT-IN into windows Desktop with the same 600x800 low resolution with no problems at all..

3. Tried to configure the BIOS on the "ADVANCE AGENT CONFIGURATION" changed and tried GPU/IGPU and still no luck..

4. Tried to reset the BIOS with its Default Setting Hopping It will help BUT STILL NO LUCK!

DO you have any more IDeas to fix these?
* Did I miss Something on the BIOS settings like onboard default resolution etc?
* Is it a Bug on the Mobo VGA driver?
* Is it a defective Onboard VGA? or Its the whole MOBO whos defective?

Last edited by vahne2k; June 20th, 2012 at 03:12 AM.
Old June 20th, 2012, 01:26 PM
CTH Subscriber

I'm not at all familiar with the intel graphics chips, but try setting the frequency to 60 Hz, It could be the default setting of the graphics driver is setting the frequency too high for the monitor.

The other thing is that that board has numerous bios updates listed, you may want to update to the latest bios and see if that addresses the issue.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:12 AM

All working now.. Sent It back to the Store and they replaced it with a new Mobo and Memory card.. Base on my observation its most probably a defective mobo / built in VGA, because you cant install any updated drivers including the DVD drivers for the mobo.

Their Technician also had a hard time figuring out whats wrong and they decided to replace the mobo and it worked!..

Cheers,
Old June 22nd, 2012, 03:15 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Tried to configure the BIOS on the "ADVANCE AGENT CONFIGURATION" changed and tried GPU/IGPU and still no luck..

Did you see PCI/iGPU or PCI/IGD as an option, if so select one of them. Or find where you can set to System Defaults...Save and Exit.
Old June 25th, 2012, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Did you see PCI/iGPU or PCI/IGD as an option, if so select one of them. Or find where you can set to System Defaults...Save and Exit.
The problem occured again with the new Mobo and the New Memory.. These is really frustrating....

I can Only see the iGPU option and nothing else.. I tried to choose any of them and still no luck... I also Set to System Defaults but still no luck...

Here are the symptoms that I observed..
1. If you Click on Windows Shutdown, It wont Shutdown and take too long to turn off.. It wont Turn Off permanently and It will Just restart The System.. The only Thing you can Do is to PUSH the OFF button manually to turn it OFF..

2. Everytime you shutdown the System the 1366x768 Native Resolution of the Monitor is not Loaded / showed / corrupted So the Monitor Goes "BLACK and no SIGNAL" display.

3. You can only get on SAFEMODE etc.. EXCEPT for the Normal Windows as it will Display "NO SIGNAL" before it can load Windows Desktop.

Note: The Mobo and The Memory are already Replace with New Ones.. So these is the 2nd Set of Mobo and Memory that have the same problem with the older one..

My Guess IS:
1. Faulty Hardrive as I observed that when I installed Counter Strike and played it for an hour then I Shutdown the Unit and Turn it ON again.. The Counter Strike Programs is missing with no trace of any Installation. "WEIRD"

Though Cant Replace it to test for a new HDD as it still have a warranty.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WHATS THE CAUSE?
Old June 25th, 2012, 04:12 AM

Looked at your manual;

Under System Agent Configuration it indicates you can change the Northbridge Chipset settings

Initiate Graphic Adapter (PEG/PCI)

Allows you to decide which graphics controller to use as the primary boot device.

When you get in the default screen is the EZ Mode, to change it to Advance mode you click Exit/Advance Mode, then select Advance Mode

You will also see iGPU Multi Monitor (Disabled) and unless you have more than one monitor it should be.

Is there where you were?
Old June 26th, 2012, 01:49 AM

Yes I tried that but still no luck.. I found It out that it was the Generic 4 GB memory that is faulty.. It explains why the programs that I installed was corrupted, Tried To use a different Memory and It dint have any problems at all.. Went to the shop and have them replace it, They told us that most of the Generic Memory that they have stocked was found to be faulty so they displaced them immediately.. Lessoned Learned! "Don't Buy China Generic Memories"
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:23 AM

Thanks for letting us know. Yep that will do it.