Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old January 14th, 2007, 01:21 PM

Onboard graphics/graphic card problem!

Hi guys, I'm new here and looking for some help, well here the problem is:

I formated my computer, I have a Kocab 18g motherboard, an NVidia GeForce4 MX onboard graphics card and a main graphics card, NVidia Eagle 6600. I installed Windows XP, etc, installed the latest NVidia drivers from the NVidia website, restarted my computer, (the reason I did this was to get the Eagle 6600 to be used instead of the onboard graphics card), plugged the monitor cord into the back of the Eagle 6600, so it was no longer connected to the motherboards onboard graphics card, turned on the computer and nothing happened. The screen was black.

I need to get the Eagle 6600 working, because it's 100x better than the crappy onboard card, and I use it for a bit of gaming. I have no idea how to get the computer to use the Eagle 6600, (if it's even working properly, as in the drivers are installed, the correct drivers, etc), instead of the onboard graphics card.

I've tried to change settings in the BIOS, but there is no setting to disable the onboard graphics card, I've tried fiddling in Device Manager, no help, I've tried lots of things, but I just can't seem to get it to work, I'd appreciate some help on getting this fixed, it's really driving me insane! This is a screenshot of the device manager, not sure if it's related but I'd say it is:

Notice the different icons, I've tried to search for the drivers with a CD that came with the motherboard, no help, so yeah, please help me!

Regards in advance.
Old January 14th, 2007, 01:41 PM

you need to install proper MoBos drivers, usually you can find them on the disk which is came with your motherboard
Old January 14th, 2007, 01:49 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
the mobo cd comes with an auto run where you can run the nforce 2 drivers and audio drivers setup programs
Old January 14th, 2007, 01:50 PM

Yeah I've tried that, it didn't work :/. Maybe because I need to disable the onboard card too somehow?
Old January 14th, 2007, 01:53 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
a ! next to agp to pci host controller
reinstall it... or more likely find the latest drivers from your mobo manufactureres website and install it

disabling onboard video is doen through bios
the option might be asking to set the primary graphics