Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

The Anything Else Board This board has been designed for all those subjects that don't quite fit in any of the other categories, and is also a place to share ideas and knowledge that you think might prove valuable to our other visitors

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old October 12th, 2005, 04:15 PM

Overclocking error, boot disk error, blank screen error

Everytime I boot my computer I have 3 problems. First I turn it on and it sounds like it starts up but nothing comes up on the monitor. So I shut it off, and the second time it starts up, but comes up with a warning that says there is a overclocking error, and gives me two options: F1 to enter setup, and F2 to load current values and continue. Then it goes to the message "Reboot and select proper boot drive..." which I do, sometimes the black screen comes back and I have to turn it off again. As it starts up I have to hold Del and set the proper hard disk and boot drive in the BIOS. Then it comes up with the overclocking message again, and finally usually starts up. Both seem to happen no matter what order I do things in. Everytime it reverts to the floppy drive being the boot drive, and selects the wrong hard disk. Solutions?
Old October 12th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Duplicate post
Closed Topic