Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old February 15th, 2016, 04:18 AM

How to Troubleshoot your Graphics Card?

How do I go about trouble shooting my graphics card?

Sometimes my right monitor doesn't turn on after starting up my computer. And to fix it I have to restart my computer 1-3 times.

Thanks in advanced!
Old February 15th, 2016, 04:48 PM

Here is something that happened to me once but with just one monitor. When I started up the monitor light was on but I got no screen. After several tries it came on but would do the same thing from a power down. I tried everything and eventually it would not light up at all. What I found was the power plug in the back had worked itself loose from shifting the monitor around a few times. Since the cord plugged into the monitor upwards the weight of the cord could slowly pull the plug down. When I checked it it didn't seem to be very loose just maybe an eighth of an inch but it was enough to let the power light light but not the monitor. Afterwords I had no problem. When looking for answers don't ignore the obvious. Have you tried re-seating your card or uninstalling and reinstalling the latest drivers?
Old February 19th, 2016, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Have you tried re-seating your card or uninstalling and reinstalling the latest drivers?
I have not. Does that mean just opening up my computer and resticking my graphics card back where it came out of?
Old February 19th, 2016, 03:07 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
How is each monitor hooked up? VGA, HDMI cable. What graphics card are you using? Or is this a laptop?