Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old September 15th, 2016, 12:22 AM

side by side configuration is incorrect, hopefully not forever

Windows 10 updated itself (the anniversary update 1607) and now i can't open Chrome, nor any exe files, nor jpgs, says something about side by side configuration is incorrect. I have tried running repair commands, restoring to an earlier time, installing windows over windows. I dont know what else to do. I ran dism command and got error 1726, remote procedure call failed. Running sfc scannow says it couldnt remove some corrupt files. I'm in over my head here guys, been trying things ALL DAY LONG. Keep in mind that I cant open anything so downloading a fix isnt going to help because it wont let me open it....thanks in advance! Sara
Old September 15th, 2016, 11:46 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Welcome to CTH

Does it go to the desktop? If so right click the start flag then to Control Panel. In control panel go to Programs and Features, find Microsoft Visual C+ entries and uninstall all, that you find.

Reboot

If not than:

Use the Windows + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command

Type cleanmgr and press Enter

Click OK making sure the C: drive is selected

Click the Clean up system file button

Click OK making sure C: drive is selected

Make sure to check the files you want to delete, including "Recycle Bin," "Temporary Internet Files," "Temporary Files," "System error memory dump files," "Previous Windows Installation," "Temporary Windows installation files". Remember not to delete "Windows Setup temporary files", as these are the files to install the new update on your computer.

Click OK

Click the Delete Files button to complete the task.
Old September 17th, 2016, 05:02 PM

Tried to remove all the Visual c++ but kept getting error 1719, then i ran the cleanmgr...when it went to reboot it got stuck on Phase 1, starting external subsystems, finished that but wouldnt move on, tried many times. Finally found an old operating system cd from Dell and put that in and rebooted and now here I am again lol...with the same problems...preparing to throw caution to the wind...I did manage to back everything up so, at least there's that..
Old September 17th, 2016, 05:19 PM

Plus, I dont see Windows Setup Temp Files in Disk Cleanup...