Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old February 2nd, 2019, 12:25 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Google Drive: Does trashing "Recent" files actually delete the real files?

I'm trying to organize my Google Drive (online not on the phone app) as it’s a mess currently. I was removing everything I could in the My Drive, Computer folders. That was easy. When I got to the “Recent” folder it has 100's of files. I thought they were just reminders like cookies or browser histories pointing to the files I opened recently. I moved about 400 to the Trash folder. I did some research & I saw posts saying permanently deleting the files from the Google Drive "Trash" folder would permanently delete the actual files! Is that true?! So let’s say I have 10 pictures on my laptop C: drive & they are synced with Google Drive. I open each one up 1 time so they show up as "recent" files in Google Drive. If I move those 10 files from the Recent folder to the Trash folder & then delete them from the Google Trash folder will the 10 files also be deleted off the C: drive? That would seem crazy if true. I just want to make sure I'm not permanently deleting files I want to keep on my laptop. Any help would be great!
Thanks!