Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old December 27th, 2005, 11:45 AM

Removing Windows XP from one Hard Drive

I have Windows XP currently installed on my Seagate 200GB IDE drive following a computer crash that wouldn't allow me to use Windows already installed on my two WD Raptors 74GB (that are in RAID 0). Well, after realizing that the data is inevitably lost, I went ahead and reformatted the Raptors.
However, I've realized that the primary reason for having the Raptors is to have the software run through them, since they tend to be faster, and I wanted the Seagate to just hold information.
What I'm wondering is if there is any way to remove Windows from the Seagate without losing information. If not, would it be possible to use the same Windows XP to be installed on the Raptors, remove the data from the Seagate onto the Raptors, then just reformat that strictly to hold data?

If this doesn't make sense (It is late and my last post didn't make sense either), please let me know.
Old December 27th, 2005, 02:59 PM
CTH Subscriber

Get a copy of Ghost and use that to make an image of your Seagate, and transfer that image to your raptor drives.
Old December 27th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Banned

Easier way to do that is drive to drive utility in Ghost or Acronmis True Image (and I recommend Acronis generally for it's ease of use) using the rescue disk.
Old December 27th, 2005, 06:46 PM
CTH Subscriber

That's what I meant......sorry, I wasn't awake yet.....Do what Rich says and you'll be okay.