Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old October 26th, 2005, 01:24 AM

Can't connect to servers using browsers...

...such as mail servers, AIM service, etc. I am inexperienced with XP and all I want is to access my email! There is very little downloaded software on my computer, and I've tried disabling Norton's firewall(s), although I'm unsure of how successful my attempts were. Actually, I attempted to delete all Norton software, which I did, minus the "required .dll" of NAVShExt.dll... Anyway, anyone with enough time and goodwill to discuss my problem would be thanked gratuitously. Finally, if this problem was solved in a previous thread that I missed, thanks in advance!
Old October 26th, 2005, 07:57 PM

still very frustrated

Hi everyone,
It is strange that I can load webpages and even log-in to this forum, but I am unable to log-in to hotmail, my local isp's email service, AIM, and MSN messenger. I have called my isp and they offer no help, because this is apparently my problem, not theirs. I have tried some of the programs this site has available for download (hjt, killbox, tcpoptimizer) out of desperation and still nothing. I've also ran various virus-scans, including the one this site offers. Has anyone else experienced something like this?