Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old December 16th, 2005, 04:33 PM

Question Reinstall/repaired XP- now get Error 711

Outlook Express was corrupted, therefore I performed a reinstall/repair of XP. Now, when I try to connect to the internet I get:

"Error 711- A configuration error on this computer is preventing the connection. For further assistance, check More Info or search Help and Support for this error number"

Further, I went into Device Manager and under System Devices, the following had an exclamation point next to the device:

Microsoft System Management BIOS Driver
Terminal Server Keyboard Driver
Terminal Server Mouse Driver

Have I missed something, such as installation of various drivers or should I just go ahead and do a Clean Install ?

Any advice is appreciated.
Old December 16th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Check out the information in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article, You cannot create a network connection after you restore Windows XP.