Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old November 15th, 2005, 04:10 PM

what do I do with this?

I have no idea what to do with this. I got this messaege on my taskbar about "Found new hardware." A wizard pops up and I tried to install it and then the message tells me it's not installed because it cannot find a software for it to work with. I have no idea what this is about and what to do with it?
Old November 15th, 2005, 04:14 PM

oh under device manager, I got a new thing, "other devices" then under that is "multimedia audio controller" and it has that big yellow question mark by it.
Old November 15th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
The "Multimedia audio controller" refers to the sound card. Windows is telling you the sound card's drivers (the software that lets the hardware talk to each other) aren't installed to its satisfaction.

Look through the CDs that came with the computer for one with "audio drivers" or "sound card drivers" or something similar. If you have a Dell, it might be labeled "Resource."

If you don't have such a disk, you'll need to download the drivers from the manufacturer of the sound card. To do that, you'll need to know the make and model of the card.

If you don't know the make and model, download, install and run either either Belarc Advisor or Everest Home Edition. Either one will inventory your computer and give you all sorts of information including the make and model of the sound card.

If you need help finding, downloading and installing the drivers, post back in this thread with the make and model of the sound card.
Old November 15th, 2005, 04:54 PM

well you know, even though SoundMAX is working for me, they have a website which I wouldn't recommend visiting because a.) they don't have downloads and b.) they're very unresponsive when you ask them for support. So I'm not sure I should even go to their website to download anything from there because there's nothing there. The website I've been to is here: www.soundmax.com.
Old November 15th, 2005, 05:07 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Howdy:

Their driver list is right on their website..

http://forms.analog.com/Form_Pages/s...chSupport.html

They also go on to say that you should get the needed drivers from either the PC manufacturers website or the motherboard manufacturers website..

Those are also listed on the drivers page..

Guess you didn't dig deep enough into their website to find them..

Murray
Old November 15th, 2005, 05:21 PM

oh it's under the support tab. I didn't look there cuz I thought it was only for if you needed to email them or needed their phone numbers for support and I found their email address already somewhere else on their site. That was kinda misleading. Thanks.
Old November 15th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
Consolated to this thread.
Closed Topic