Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old November 27th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Senior T-Dog

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Thumbs up Custom made hardware tools

These tools do work

1.Mechanical Pencil 0.05mm (remove all the lead first before using)
use for straighting the CPU pins

2.The Red Stem from any compress air can(dust-off,power duster,etc,)
use for straighting HDD,FDD,jumper and Monitor pins

3.Turkey Lacers/Paper Clips
used to open most/all optical drives(cd/dvd-rom dvd-r/rw etc)

Yes I said,Turkey Lacers,
http://www.cooking.com.edgesuite.net...dde/103746.jpg

Last edited by sho-dan; December 24th, 2006 at 04:32 AM.
Old December 7th, 2005, 06:00 AM

I have a problem with my computer that was put together by a friend. For some reason after the last time the computer was turned off it will not turn on again. The monitor and CPU turn on but the monitor is not recognizing the connection it only says "check connection or signal" , and I've plugged and unplugged everything several times and still nothing. Ive noticed that the beeps that I normally hear when turning it on aren't there or atleast it doesnt seem to be as many. Also under the green light where the power button is on the comp there is now a red light that stays lit while the computer is on which I am not sure but I dont think stayed on before. I have tried connecting it to a different monitor and using different cables but still nothing. I am desperate for help. I dont know much about alot of the hardware details only really know how to hook the computer up and use the software but I'm trying to fix this on my own if it sounds at all possible so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 03:24 AM

It sounds like the problem is in the box somewhere, since a signal is not being sent to your monitor. The red light is probably your hard disk light and if it stays on it means there is a problem with your hard disk. Try this link for hard disk recovery . Chances are though, that if nothing is displaying on your monitor that the problem is closer to the motherboard.
I would suggest replacing the motherboard or CPU. If you dont know what i'm talking about, then take your pc into a corner PC Repair shop or internet cafe. They should be able to replace the faulty components for you
Old March 9th, 2006, 02:46 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
CPUGEEK,

Hello, I'm not sure if this link will help you, I've listed down the steps that are involved when a computer starts up. Maybe it will be useful to you when troubleshooting. Check it out at:

http://www.build-your-own-computers....er-starts.html

A computer needs to do a POST, check hardware, load the splash screen before it even enters Windows. If you understand those steps, its easier to do troubleshooting.
Old August 9th, 2006, 05:02 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Lightbulb A Sticky for Everyone Who Owns an ATI Video Card

Hello all,
I was recently having some video card overheating issues with my ATI x850XT while playing high demanding games. The computer would beep at me, and the FPS would 'die' after a few minutes playing CounterStrike Source. I am here to report that I have found the answer and I'd bet that this solves a lot of others problems.

The fan speed for my ATI card was set to 5%. Out of the box, no tweaking. 5%...

If the fan is running at 5%, then how could you cool your card?! The solution is to download ATI Tray Tools Thanks to liondad for that one. Once in Tray Tools, go to hardware, overclocking, then click the fan tab and away you go!

I would bet that this one post solves quite a few problems. Moderators, I ask that you somehow get this information out there, in the Gaming Forum as well as the Hardware Forum. Thanks.

The link to my original problem

Last edited by keylay31; August 10th, 2006 at 02:47 PM.
Old August 9th, 2006, 07:08 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
thanks keylay been wanting to get this and increase my fan speed on my new x1800xt. thanks again will be using it tonight.
Old August 11th, 2006, 04:27 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Thanks guys, I just want as many people to figure this out, because it was stressing me for months. Seriously! Just wanted to note that there is no longer a sticky in gaming. If this was by design, I understand as this is a hardware issue. However from what I can derive from the previous post, jtdoom and smurfy thought that a gaming thread would be valuble too, as this issue only comes up when in gameplay. Thanks again.

edit by jtdoom
that was because I had not done this in one move.
the topic is back in gaming.

Last edited by jtdoom; April 25th, 2007 at 03:14 AM. Reason: topic cleanup
Old September 16th, 2006, 12:18 AM

Ok Dohray I was going through your check list that you posted and when I installed my memory I didnt get any beeps and besides starting to power up it did absolutely nothing, I also noticed that if I stuck my ram into the 2nd slot that it also caused no beeps. What would this mean is wrong?

Last edited by Supercujo; September 16th, 2006 at 12:22 AM.
Old September 16th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 8 Pro
hi
I understand that all you see is that the CPU fan powers up?
no POST beep, No beep at all?

the clear CMOS jumper could be on the clear position.

even when you have a new mobo, the cell coin battery could be bad.
( the CR2032 CMOS battery has to be GOOD. A Bad one can cause this. )

the ATX 12V plug not plugged in can also cause this.

a bad mobo can cause this.
Old May 6th, 2007, 10:17 AM

Angry My pc is overheating.

hey recently my pc started turning off randomly.
i installed a program called speedfan that checks temps and fan speeds. but there is a part of my pc that is around 97degrees celsius rite now and the other things are like 20.

wat is wrong with it?

please give me some help
Old November 6th, 2007, 11:51 PM

Bootup..

So what happens if you fail the 2nd step in Codey's Guide with 2 different motherboards and CPUs? Could a power supply or case fail? Specs upon request =D

Codys guide

1 Nothing but the power supply, CPU,installed on the motherboard, plug your power cord in and turn power on.
2 You should hear a series of long beeps & all your fans should be turning.
3 The board is looking for memory.
4 That tells you your 'board, CPU & power supply are working.
5 Unplug power cord (very important an ATX power supply always has power to it when the cord is pluged in).
6 Install 1 stick of RAM in the first bank, it should be marked either 0 or 1
7 Plug your power cord in and turn your power on.
8 You should get 1 long and 3 short beeps. It will be looking for the video card.
9 That tells you your PS/'board/CPU/RAM are working.
10 Unplug power cord.
11 Install your video card and plug your monitor into your video card.
12 Plug your power cord in turn your power on.
13 You should get a power up test which is 1 short beep.
14 You should see your CPU/RAM/video reconized on the screen.
15 You will get a disk boot failure because you have no drives installed. In this case every thing you have installed is working.
16 Shut machine down and unplug power cord.
17 Install all your drives, set your BIOS up and install your operating system.
Old January 31st, 2008, 03:38 PM

hi
i have PC that the power supply is dead, i replaced it! the computer came up 2 times out of 4 times tried, now the power comes on cd driver starts and the HD spins (tryed new HD no help) and that it
please help
Codys guide;

1 Nothing but the power supply, CPU,installed on the motherboard, plug your power cord in and turn power on.
good
2 You should hear a series of long beeps & all your fans should be turning. no beeps

3 The board is looking for memory.

4 That tells you your 'board, CPU & power supply are working. good

5 Unplug power cord (very important an ATX power supply always has power to it when the cord is pluged in). good

6 Install 1 stick of RAM in the first bank, it should be marked either 0 or 1
7 Plug your power cord in and turn your power on.
8 You should get 1 long and 3 short beeps. It will be looking for the video card. no beeps
9 That tells you your PS/'board/CPU/RAM are working.

10 Unplug power cord.

11 Install your video card and plug your monitor into your video card. onmother board

12 Plug your power cord in turn your power on.

13 You should get a power up test which is 1 short beep. no beeps

14 You should see your CPU/RAM/video reconized on the screen. no

please help
Old April 10th, 2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieMarshall View Post
hey recently my pc started turning off randomly.
i installed a program called speedfan that checks temps and fan speeds. but there is a part of my pc that is around 97degrees celsius rite now and the other things are like 20.

wat is wrong with it?

please give me some help
check your fans to see if there is any dust around it or blocking the air flow to the CPU!
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:35 AM

yehey

Thank you so much for these helpful tips. I'm a newbie in here and im expecting for more like this. I really look forward of learning more from you guys. Keep it up.
Old May 12th, 2008, 09:00 PM

You could try goiing into your control manager file and clicking on the icon in that list that look like the one you get when you try to access your CD burner. Once there, click on that icon and will probably let you know that you might need to update the specific driver for your CD burner. There may be an option to do just that (update driver). Once you have it (the new driver/info) install it and re-boot your computer.
(Note) ...that's jusst one option that has worked for me, via information from other users of theis site.) If there are any other icon's like the one you get when you access your CD, click on those as well, to find out what is needed to activate them properly.
Hope this works for you. Have a good day.