Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old December 9th, 2005, 01:53 AM

Yahoo account not working!

I've had my Yahoo account for almost 6 years...never a problem until last night. When I try to log in , it says either my password or ID is incorrect. Of course, this is not true! So I keep trying and getting the same message. I've tried re-setting my password, but then it says the info I'm giving in my account does not match the ID I'm giving.
I've filled out the form on Yahoo help and am waiting for someone there to respond, but who knows when that will be! I;ve reset my cookies and cleared my cache...but then I tried logging on on other computers with no luck. It's like all of a sudden my whole account doesn't exist.
Anyone else have this happen or have an idea what happened? Did someone steal my account??
Aaaaaggghhhhhh!
Many thanks!
Old December 9th, 2005, 07:41 AM

AngiePM, I dont know what to do to help you, but my daughter had the same thing happen to her. She was chatting with some people on the messenger that she had met in a chat room. Several of them were bragging about cracking peoples accounts. All was fine for a while and then all of a sudden hers wouldnt work either. They did finally give her the new password, but she just made her a new one and stopped associating with them. I know this dosent help, but just wanted to let you know it is a possibility that someone has cracked your account. Wished I could help, Nostink1
Old December 10th, 2005, 06:24 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
I have a similar problem, except I never make it to the next screen. I get an error message or it attempts to find the page for an eternity.

I thought maybe my IE would be the problem, so I switched to Firefox. No luck.

mike
Old December 11th, 2005, 02:03 AM

I'm the same. The password is correct because when I key in a wrong password on purpose the incorrect password message comes up but with the correct password it just takes you round in a loop endlessly. The same thing has just happened to me on ebay, which leads me to believe that maybe one of our browser settings is doing it. I'm using internet explorer 6.
I'm going to experiment and let you know but if anyone has any suggestions they would be much appreciated.
Old December 12th, 2005, 09:29 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
It was a problem with my firewall.

I explained the fix here.
Old December 26th, 2005, 03:30 AM

Just for closure....
It was, in fact, to do with McAfee settings. I've since freed myself from it taking over my computer (the free trial period ended thank goodness) and have moved up to avast, just using the XP firewall and haven't looked back. The system has never run faster. Thanks for your help.