Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old March 19th, 2022, 11:18 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Laptop won't stay connected to 5G Wifi Modem.

I have a 2018 Asus ROG Laptop. I recently got Verizon HOME 5G Wifi service for my apartment. My problem is my laptop sees the Wifi connection. It connects to it fine. But it drops the connection within a minute or 2. Then it tries to reconnect to the wifi modem. Sometimes it does & sometimes not. Even when it reconnects it drops again. I've had this problem for months. I've done all the recent window updates but nothing helps. The laptop has had no problem connecting to any & all other wifi connections since I've had it. I don't understand why it doesn't stay connected to the new 5G wifi modem.

-Verizon techs have come to the apartment & its not a problem with their hardware or service.
-My mother's 2016 HP laptop connects fine & stays connected.
-My 2015 Macbook connects & stays connected fine (It also seems to see a lot more available neto\works than my Asus does which is weird)
-My Note 10 phone connects fine
-My Mom's iPhone8 connects fine.
-My Roku TV & Echo device connect & work fine.

It's just this laptop, my primary work & play laptop that will not stay connected. My workaround has been to hardwire my old Linksys router to the 5G router. I can connect & stay connected to it. The issue there is I get 5-10 MB download speeds whereas with the 5G everyone else is getting 400-600 MB. So could there be an issue with my laptop's wifi adapter hardware or firmware? It only has a problem with the 5G modem which is 20ft away. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!
Old March 20th, 2022, 02:04 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Have you seen this help page?
https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...uickly-easily/

Signed: Ensign Tzap