Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old April 29th, 2022, 11:32 PM
CTH Subscriber

Windows 10 upgrade on Win 7 machine HELP

I am looking at a Toshiba Satellite C855-1J2 running Home premium Windows 7 64bit which has a curious situation.

Windows 10 is not wanted, so the updater has got to the point of calling for its restart button to be pressed to install 10. This is stopping later updates, I have checked SFC and other file checking which all state no problems found.

I have searched for the download (KB3035583 I think) but unable to find it, how do I clear it and restore the updater to look for later downloads, all it says is this must be installed to clear it from the list.

Many thanks from David
Old April 30th, 2022, 02:30 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Press the Windows Logo key + R to open a Run

Type regedit into the Run dialog and press Enter to launch the Registry Editor.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, navigate to the following directory:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > WindowsUpdate

Click on the OSUpgrade folder in the left pane to have its contents displayed in the right pane.

In the right pane, locate and right-click on a registry value titled KickoffDownload, click on Delete in the contextual menu and then click on Yes in the resulting popup.

In the right pane, locate and right-click on a registry value titled KickoffSource, click on Delete in the contextual menu and then click on Yes in the resulting popup.

Click on the State folder under OSUpgrade in the left pane to have its contents displayed in the right pane.

In the right pane, locate and double-click on the registry value named OSUpgradeState to modify it.

Replace whatever is in the OSUpgradeState value’s Value data field with 00000001 and then click on OK.

In the right pane, locate and double-click on the registry value named OSUpgradeStateTimeStamp to modify it.

Replace whatever is in the value’s Value data field with 2015-07-28 10:09:55 and then click on OK.

In the right pane, locate and right-click on the registry value titled OSUpgradePhase, click on Delete in the contextual menu and click on Yes in the resulting popup.

Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer. Your computer should no longer try to upgrade to Windows 10 regardless of whether or not you reserved/okayed a Windows 10 upgrade
Old April 1st, 2023, 08:02 AM
Banned

It sounds like your computer has downloaded the Windows 10 update and is prompting you to install it, but you don't want to upgrade to Windows 10. You can prevent the Windows 10 upgrade by uninstalling the KB3035583 update, which is responsible for the "Get Windows 10" app and the upgrade prompts.
Old April 2nd, 2023, 12:36 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
It’s been 2 freaking years, I am sure they have sorted out.
Old April 5th, 2023, 10:00 AM

Isnt it amazing when new members find threads and want to help,but the threads are not recent........ (And hopefully the OP has stuff sorted by now)
Old April 7th, 2023, 07:31 AM
Banned

I'm a spammer. And an idiot, apparently.
Closed Topic