Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old January 2nd, 2023, 09:21 PM

Thumbs up Dell Optiplex 755

I have a dell optiplex 755 with windows 10. The computer have a steady yellow light and will not start the fan is running, I try disconnecting the power. Monitor
key board, speaker etc but it still will not start any suggestion?
Old January 3rd, 2023, 02:13 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Which FAN the processor? Power Supply Fan?

A solid light usually indicates a system component has failed. In your case I would strongly suspect the video card. What you can do is open up the case and try removing and re-seating the video card. If using on-board video then remove the memory and reseat.

No good reset the CMOS, using the jumper;

Remove only jumper on motherboard. restart computer. shut down computer replace jumper. restart. This is obviously a bios reset.

or remove the CMOS battery for about 20 sec, reboot get into BIOS if it reboots and set to defaults.

Last resort prolly the power supply.
Old January 3rd, 2023, 08:23 PM

Thumbs up

I unplug the power over night and before I open the computer I plunged it in and it work o.k
Old January 4th, 2023, 06:42 AM

Thumbs up

It went off again this afternoon but this time the amber light is not steady its flashing.
Old January 5th, 2023, 02:33 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Is the power supply fan turning off? If so, I would suspect the power supply is going bad.
Old January 11th, 2023, 07:49 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Jerry56,

A blinking amber power button LED, usually indicates, a power supply or system board failure has occurred.

To test the motherboard, you need a know the power supply is working.
If you are comfortable around computers, you could try the following.

Unplug the cord from the power supply, hold the power button in for about 15/20 seconds, open the case, unplug the 24-pin connector from the motherboard and jump the Green wire to one of the Black wires, reconnect the power cord and if power supply fan and hard drive runs, the PSU should be good.

Note: Do not remove any wires from the plug, use a small piece of wire or a paper clip as a jumper.

Power supply checks out and the system still does not work, again remove the power cord, hold power button in for several seconds to discharge the residue power, reconnect the 24-pin connector to the motherboard.

Remove all the PCI cards, the video card [if applicable], memory, all peripherals, disconnect the data and power cables to all the drives, then check that the front panel cable is connected to motherboard, with nothing else connected to the system, reconnect the power cable and power the system on.

If you do not get any beep codes or no diagnostic lights on the front/back panel, then it would appear that motherboard has died.

Signed: Ensign Tzap
Old January 19th, 2023, 09:45 AM

Did you managed to resolve the issue? Was it with the power supply?