Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

The Anything Else Board This board has been designed for all those subjects that don't quite fit in any of the other categories, and is also a place to share ideas and knowledge that you think might prove valuable to our other visitors

Topic Tools
Old June 12th, 2022, 04:56 PM

Unable to connect to Alexa app

I hope I'm in the correct forum. If not let me know where to post. thanks

I purchased a no name wi-fi water leak level alarm and connected it to my home network using the TOYA app. It also connected to my Alexa app and I was able to set up a routine. It worked so well I bought a second one. It connected to the TOYA app and works with it but I cannot get it to connect to the Alexa app. I’ve been trying for days and can’t seem to get it to work. I even bought a third one to rule out the second one might be defective. Can it be I can only have one of the same sensors connect to Alexa at the same time? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated…

Thank you
Old June 12th, 2022, 05:08 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
I am going to assume you gave the discover command on alexa. the only thing I can think of trying is to disable then enable the alexa skill for theTOYA app.
Old June 12th, 2022, 08:48 PM

Thanks Dan. My concern is that I have quite a few devises connected to the TOYA app and if I disable it will I loose the settings for those devises?
Old June 12th, 2022, 10:15 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
not talking about the app itself, talking about the TOYA skill in the alexa app.
Old February 6th, 2023, 05:24 PM

I'd recommend checking the Alexa app or the Amazon website for any info on device limits.
If you've already ruled that out, it could be that the second and third alarms are having trouble connecting because of network issues or conflicting settings. In this case, I'd recommend checking the network settings on both your phone and the alarms, making sure that everything is up-to-date and working properly. You can also try resetting the devices and starting from scratch.
For even more help, check out this article on https://spam.com that goes over troubleshooting steps for Alexa devices.