Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old May 28th, 2003, 02:57 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
MS Works Suite 2003 and NAV 2002

I have just fitted a new HD as a dual boot with Win 98se and winXP. On the XP os I have installed Zone Alam Pro and Norton Antivirus 2002. I then tried to load the Word part of Works but I get a message that "The installation wizard has found the following programs open on your computer. Before you continue close the open program" -- it then shows Norton Antivirus (navapw32.exe). Before I started to install Works I had closed NAV and task manager does not show NAV as running.
I am used to being advised before installing a program to close all open preograms but this is the first time the installation has been halted.
Anyone with ideas as to how to overcome this problem (without uninstalling NAV and then having to go through all the long lists of updates)
Old May 28th, 2003, 03:48 PM
CTH Subscriber

Try uninstalling Norton Anti Virus from the system first then after you have installed Works, reinstall Norton.

You can uninstall Norton from your computer by going into the Control panel:

Start/Settings/Control Panel

In here double click on the Add/Remove Programs and choose to uninstall Norton Anti Virus. It will probably prompt for a reboot after it has been uninstalled. Go ahead and reboot the system.

Hope this helps.
Old May 28th, 2003, 04:50 PM

Thank you for your reply but as I said in my post I wanted to overcome the problem without uninstalling NAV.
I have managed to overcome it very simply anyway. Should have thought about it in the first place.