Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Web Development & Graphic Design Problem Solving for Graphic Design, PHP, ASP, Perl, MySQL, SQL, XML, HTML issues

Topic Tools
Old August 28th, 2008, 03:55 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Site search on my site & advice on ads

Hi all,
I want to find a free script if possible or learn how to make a search option on my website to allow my customers type in a name or word and it will bring up matches within my site. I think I mean a product search script
Also I have no intention of doing so but I see a lot of sites offering payment to advertise on anyones site to provide extra revenue; seeing as I am a control freak with cleaning my comp 3 or 4 times a week with adaware etc I know how annoying these things can be. What are the pros and cons on having ads on my website?

Thanks

Last edited by jobel602; August 28th, 2008 at 04:46 AM.
Old August 30th, 2008, 05:26 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Google offers something like what you're looking for. This Page May Help.
Old August 31st, 2008, 03:42 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: MacOS
In reality if you want to a user to search for products on your site, as in a shopping system, there should be a built in search for any decent cart script. Google will offer free search tools, but they won't be specific to your products.

As for the pros and cons of ads.... Pros: they generate money. The only con is some users may not like looking at them.

Adaware and the like are more for prevention of malicious ads, if you dont' host malicious ads, then there is no comparison.