Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old October 13th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Banned

Wink Hole In The Fence

There once was a little girl who had a bad temper. Her mother gave her a bag of nails and told her that every time she lost her temper, she must hammer a nail into the back of the fence.

The first day the girl had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as she learned to control her anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down. She discovered it was easier to hold her temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the girl didn't lose her temper at all. She told her mother about it and the mother suggested that the girl now pull out one nail for each day that she was able to hold her temper. The day passed and the young girl was finally able to tell her mother that all the nails were gone. The mother took her daughter by the hand and led her to the fence.

She said, "You have done well, my daughter, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one." You can put a knife in a person and draw it out. It won' t matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound is still there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one.

Friends are very rare jewels, indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share words of praise and they always want to open their hearts to us

Please, forgive me if I have ever left a hole in your fence...
BD
Old October 13th, 2004, 08:39 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Old January 31st, 2023, 05:30 AM

Thats a very strong message there......

I think we all do things like this w/o realising the hurt we are causing.... Alot of people are very mean to me but I try not to be mean back,I am very loving and caring....

On this 1 site I am on,they keep blocking me.... I have had over 800 accounts in the last 3 years.... I have not done anything mean to them because I have alot of love in my heart and I hope they will fianlly stop this attack.....

Im not like most people...... Alot would call my relentless... I call myself loving and caring,... I think we all need to be this way!!