Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old December 9th, 2004, 08:20 PM

O/S: MacOS
What are you listening to right now?

I searched this forum and didn't find a like thread so I'm going to try and get one started here. I'm a huge fan of music and I listen to pretty much any genre, and I love to know what others are listening to. I like to know because then I can check out bands that I otherwise might not have ever had the opportunity to be exposed to. So anyway, to get it started....

I've been listening to a lot of Nocturne lately, especially their first album Twilight. I didn't care much for this album when I first got it, but now I can't seem to stop listening to it.

But anyway, I was just listening to Outkast - Dracula's Wedding on the way back to my desk here...
Old December 9th, 2004, 08:24 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
I bet on the only one on this forum listening to Lil' Jon!

I tend to listen to a lot of rappers like Ludacris, Outkast, D-12, Dayton Family, Three 6 Mafia (hence 'hypnotizeminds' ) and other such garbage.

Also, I enjoy Linkin Park, Staind, Evanescence, Saliva, 12 Stones, Tool, and a few local bands.
Old December 9th, 2004, 09:19 PM

all kinds classical (like johann sebastian bach niccolo paganini, others stuffs)
and of course rock band fanatic

311 rage against the machine , dream theater , a perfect circle tool mostly hard knocks band !!!
Old December 9th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Right now, Pantera.
R.I.P, DimeBag.
Old December 9th, 2004, 09:34 PM

zip
pantera fanatic me too men phil rocks !!!!!

very heavy attitude !!
Old December 10th, 2004, 01:58 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
A Neo Prog Rock band named Galahad.
Old December 10th, 2004, 02:09 AM

Im listening to a bit of Notorious B.I.G at the moment, but I like really any rap, hip hop from the early 90s but I do listen to some recent songs too. Other genres I like are R&B, UK Garage, Jungle, old skool reggae, love Bob Marley's album 'legend'
Old December 10th, 2004, 03:33 AM

I'm listening to the hum of my CPU at this moment, I don't really listen to music alot actually I rarely do, but when I do its usually the kinda movie music you hear in the background of concertos, operas, and fanfares. I don't follow bands, concerts, or conductors, I just listen to the music, although there is one composer I like and is quite famous with young boys, Nobuo Uematsu, he wrote the music to alot of the Final Fantasy series. I like his style but his more recent stuff, isn't up to par.
Old December 10th, 2004, 05:50 PM

I'm listening to Concentration by Machines of Loving Grace right now. IMO, it's the best album they released. But I guess it doesn't matter since they are no more...

I love days when the boss doesn't come in. I can listen to music for the better part of the day. Next disc up is Big Black - Songs About *******

I heard this song on the radio last night, maybe someone can tell me who does it. It was called "Wear your underwear on the inside". Anyone heard it of it?
Old December 10th, 2004, 07:13 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Hawaiian music, old C&W(Hank Sr.) and Hillbilly, R&B(Otis), Jazz(I love Roberta Flack), Elvis, easy listning type instrumentals and on the rare evening after a few drinks, some old rock and roll, as in Stones, Doors, Hendrix, Quicksilver, Cream, etc. I like old surfer music too. Lets not forget the Beatles. I went to that Nocturne site and listened. Sounded kind of like the music from one of the old Descent series games. Wasn't bad but not relaxing at all.
Old December 10th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
My tastes are all over the place depending on my mood. (U2, clapton, Stevie Ray, Charlie Parker, Blind Boys..., Garbage, Bach,...) At work I tend to go for the more upbeat music (anything to mellow puts me to sleep). The more intense the work the louder the music. If you can walk by my cube and hear the music from my headphones, keep on walking 'cause I'm working on something intense.

I can pass on country and Opera, but I I'll listen to just about anything else.

Right now 'Cold Shot' by Stevie Ray just finished and some Charlie P. came on.
Old December 10th, 2004, 08:37 PM

me right now listening air on g string by bach cause i want to relax a little bit
and go to sleep dream theater is finish it make me alive for a about 1 hour cause a little late here about 4:00 in the morning

cheers!!!
Old December 10th, 2004, 08:48 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
I'm listening to Ferris Beuler's Day Off playing in the background as I research job openings in my area. This movie is great. I wish I would've been that crafty on my days off.
Old December 10th, 2004, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink
I went to that Nocturne site and listened. Sounded kind of like the music from one of the old Descent series games. Wasn't bad but not relaxing at all.
Nocturne has some music that might almost be relaxing except at some point you know the heavily processed guitars and/or synth lines are going to destroy that moment of near relaxation anyway, so there's no point in getting too settled. But that's exactly why I like it, it gets me going. Not quite like the Dead Kennedys which I listen to when I want to stomp someone's face or whatnot.

I usually listen to some form of ambient or more mellow trip-hop when I really want to just lay back and relax, if I listen to anything at all. Silence is the best means to relax for me. Total and utter silence. But I don't get that very often around my house so ambient/trip-hop usually does it for me.

Right now I'm feeling a little more.... bored of my mind. To assuage that boredome I'm trying to lose myself in the world of the Les Claypool Frog Brigade. It's not working out real well.
Old December 10th, 2004, 09:29 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Oldly enough, I hear a tiolet flushing in the background and it's sounds very similar to the rain falling out side my window and the 'swoosh' noise it makes when the cars drive by in the rain.

Ahh now it's silent, music to my ears......