Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old April 11th, 2005, 10:09 AM

Help:can't open multiple internet explorer windows - can only have one open at a time

For some reason, I am no longer able to have more than one internet explorer window open at a time. When ever I try to open a new window, a new one seems to be opened (to my homepage) and the other one closes immediately. I have no idea what's wrong. This has never happened before. I've run virus/spyware programs (Spybot, Adaware SE, etc.) and there are no problems detected. Anyone have any ideas as to why I can't have multiple windows open? Any help would be appreciated. Here's some computer specs if needed:

Windows XP Professional
Internet Explorer - Version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158
Have latest XP updates

Thanks.
Old April 11th, 2005, 07:58 PM

hmmm...

am really not sure what caused you this but you can try the basics, deleting temporary internet files and system restore
Old April 12th, 2005, 12:13 AM

try running adaware and spybot
if that dosnt help, uninstall IE in add remove programs and then reboot and reinstall it.
failing that system restore or format

you could just install mozila or mozila fire fox as they dont use the ie files any way.In my oppinion they are much better and if they go down then they are easyer to fix because their not integrated into windows