Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old March 20th, 2007, 01:38 AM

Question Lost Aero functionality

Somehow I lost the aero functionality on my Vist Home Premium 32 bit. I tried all of the troubleshooting guides and even spent 3+ hours on the phone with Dell buy couln't find an answer.

Now when I go to personalize-Window color and appearance it is set at "Windows Vista Basic". I change it to "Windows Aero" and apply it and click O.K., but it doesn't "take". I immediately go to the same place and it is back to "Windows Vista Basic".

The theme is set to Windows Vista, and the refresh rate is 60hertz and the performance rating of my setup is 3.2. (This doesn't show under performance and tools. The only thing there is the that the lastv rating was 2/25/07. There is no button to re-scan or anything)

I am at a complete loss and would appreciate any help that I can get.
Old March 20th, 2007, 01:42 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
did it ever had aero functions? Did you purchase the computer with Vista Premium or was it an upgrade?
Old March 20th, 2007, 02:33 AM

I purchased the computer with Vista Home Premium on it already and it worked great, but I noticed that it was no longer working, and I don't know exactly when.
Old March 21st, 2007, 08:40 AM

Is the switch between windows icon still in the quick launch?
Old March 21st, 2007, 11:13 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
An "experience index" of 3.2 barely meets the requirements for Aero. Did you install the most recent driver for your graphics card?