Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old March 23rd, 2010, 06:00 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Belkin Bulldog & Windows 7

I have a nice Windows XP/Pro machine configured to meet my needs (quad core processor, 4GB RAM, to video adapters driving three LCD displays). It is supported by a Belkin F6C1500-TW-RK Uninterrupted Power Supply rated at 1500VA. The UPS is now monitored by the Belkin Bulldog Plus monitor software on the XP machine.

My problem is that the monitor software was never released for Windows 7, and that appears to be my only roadblock to upgrading from XP/Pro to Win7/Pro.

Belkin's response: "We regret to inform you that due to recent events Belkin has consolidated its operations and has decided to exit from the UPS business. The drivers for the Win 7 operating system is not available and also unfortunately there will be no drivers updated for Win 7 operating system."

Since Windows 7 has an XP mode (which is supported by my Q6600 processor), can I run the Bulldog monitoring software under it?
Old March 23rd, 2010, 09:58 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Quote:
MJF: What kinds of XP apps are not designated as “suitable” and unlikely to work on Win 7 with Virtual XP?

Woodgate: Older productivity applications that might be used by small businesses are best suited. Windows XP Mode is not designed for more consumer centric applications such as 3d games, media intensive applications or applications with hardware requirements such as tv tuners.
http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=2621

Hi websquad. The short answer is I dont know however if you post a question here perhaps one of the Virtualization experts can answer your question.